Christmas spirit is starting to fill the air even though it is still October. Yuletide songs and decorations are everywhere even decorated trees are already standing tall. But Christmas wouldn’t be complete without gifts. Though it is not a requirement in order to really feel the essence of Christmas, many are into conceptualizing perfect gifts for friends and love ones.
In the age where Do-It-Yourself is becoming a trend setter, buying gifts started to become a second option. Teens and young at hearts are exploring various D.I.Y gift ideas on the net – from shirt designs, foodies for the heart to beauty products. If you are planning to give your skin-conscious-friends a nice D.I.Y gift, then this Whipped Body Butter Recipe might suit their liking.
For this homemade whipped body butter, you’ll need these following ingredients:
1/2 cup Cocoa Butter
1/2 cup Shea Butter
1/2 cup Coconut Oil
1/2 cup Jojoba oil
Things you’ll need:
Simply follow these steps:
- In a glass cup, mix all the ingredients, except for the jojoba oil.
- Place the glass cup inside the double boiler and let the ingredients melt. If you do not have a boiler, you can use a saucepan. Simply pour water into the pan and place the cup in the middle.
- Stir the mixture continuously until all the solid ingredients turn into its liquid state.
- Pour in the jojoba oil and stir the mixture again.
- Let the mixture rest and place it in the refrigerator.
- Once chilled, whip the mixture using a hand mixer or standing mixer (if you have). Start from the lowest speed and gradually increase the speed of the mixer. Whip the mixture continuously until it becomes white and fluffy.
- Scoop the mixture and place it in your gift jars. Chill it inside the fridge for 1 hour.
Storing this homemade recipe in a warm area destroys the consistency of the mixture. It is best to chill this on the fridge and whip it again once it starts to lose its fluffiness.
By following these steps, you can create your perfect gift in no time. You do not need to spend a lot this coming Christmas. Price tags do not define the value of the gifts given. What’s more important is the usefulness of the gift.
Benefit-wise, this body butter has shea butter which is known for its healing effects for the skin. African village women have used this butter for a very long time for beauty and even employment purposes (shea butter is also referred as women’s gold). Shea butter has been tested and proven helpful to heal burns, stretch marks, and skin dryness and other skin conditions and ailments because it contains vegetable fats that are essential for cell regeneration.
Creating your own gifts is the best present you can ever give to your friends and family. Christmas is after all a season of giving, not necessarily gift giving but expressing thoughtful wishes for good health and life.